All school rules apply. Some may be duplicated below – therefore I consider those to be of utmost importance.
- Arrive on time for rehearsals (before bell), concerts, etc.
- Be prepared to contribute your best always.
- No Gum! Ever! It is a choking hazard.
- No food (choking hazard, not good to play or sing on a full stomach) – only bottled water (please stay hydrated!).
- No Hats! The Dress Code applies not only for regular rehearsals, but also for any concerts, trips, etc.
Be mindful & present in the moment. Be open-minded.
- Get in the routine of rehearsal procedures ASAP please!
- Cell phones have no place in a rehearsal. They must be turned OFF and put away – out of sight. Keep them in your backpack, locker, or wall holder…
- Be prepared to work. Music making requires considerable physical energy and brain power!
- If you are not singing/playing, you should remain quiet so as not to disturb those who are.
- I will do my best to end rehearsal in a timely fashion and excuse you a few moments before the bell rings at the end of class. That should provide time to put away music folders, clean out & case up instruments, pick up your things and get you to your next class on time.
- You must show respect to your fellow musicians, accompanists, conductors, substitute teachers – thereby demonstrating self-respect, and respect for Music as an art form.
- I have high standards, and will set high goals. I want to challenge you; however, I do not want to overwhelm you. Please see me should you ever have any concerns, your input is most welcome.
- Respect school property – our rooms & all equipment, instruments, sheet music, lockers & locks. We have a nice facility and a very nice instrument inventory, let’s keep it that way.
- Be mindful that the greatest portion of your grade is based on participation…