Español 1 Accelerated
GOOGLE Classroom Rules & Procedures
2020-21 School Year
This class is 2 years of work in 1 year and you have the ability to earn 1 High School Credit by passing the course AND the OHM Checkpoint A exam in June.
- SCHOOL/SPANISH CLASS EXPECTATIONS:
- Check your school email every weekday morning for Spanish notifications/assignments
- Follow your schedule during Synchronous & Asynchronous Instruction
- Sign into your classes using GOOGLE MEET codes associated with your class period.
- Work from a quiet and appropriate workspace (kitchen table, desk, location with minimal distractions)
- Microphone mutes unless contributing to the conversation
- Online conduct/ Profile picture is appropriate and respectful
- Strive for Appropriate Attire/Ready for School
- Be prepared with Essential Supplies, pencil, pens, notebook,etc.
- Be Ready and ON TIME for Class.
1.2 Cellular devices/Electronics:
Only electronic devices that allow the student to engage in classroom activities are to be used during synchronous class time.
- NO disruptive gum chewing, food nor drink is permitted during synchronous class time.
(Water is acceptable)
- You must pay Close Attention in Spanish class. In language class, each new concept builds on the last.
- Students must attend synchronous classes and attendance must be taken daily.
- Work needs to be completed by the student on a daily basis and is engaged in standards-based learning to be considered present for that day’s attendance.
- Contact Sra. Muñoz directly if there are concerns about attendance.
GRADING: (This will remain consistent throughout the school year)
- ALL WORK IS TO BE COMPLETED BY THE STUDENT UNLESS OTHERWISE INSTRUCTED. (PAIR/GROUP WORK ETC)
- USE OF TRANSLATORS/GOOGLE TRANSLATE OR ANY TRANSLATING DEVICE IS PROHIBITED.
- STUDENTS MAY USE ONLINE TEXTBOOKS/ DICTIONARIES/WORD REFERENCES FOR TERMS AND PHRASES AS NEEDED FOR ASSIGNMENTS.
- HOMEWORK, QUIZZES AND TESTS ARE TO BE COMPLETED ONLY BY THE STUDENT WITH INTEGRITY. (NO OUTSIDE ASSISTANCE FROM OTHER SOURCES)
5.1. Quarterly grades will be based on the following:
- Positive class participation
- Speaking in Spanish (Q & A)
ii.Helping with tasks/classroom activities
iii. Cooperative Work in Pairs/Groups (Google meet Groups)
- Starters /DO NOWS
- Starters are mini assignments that will be given out on a daily basis.
- Generally, the starters will be posted for you to start the day (synchronously & asynchronously)
- Students are to read and answer assignments to the best of their ability without outside assistance.
- (Assignments must be completed with your best effort.- Blank “Turned in” assignments will be returned without point value.
ii.Continued Blank “Turned in” assignments will warrant a Teacher/ Student conference & call home.
- These starters will be completed by the student and collected/checked on a daily basis .
7.Homework, Quizzes & Tests
a.Given to check for understanding of concepts and are used to help the teacher find out what the student knows.
b.Nightly studying and homework completion is imperative to having a successful year.
- Synchronous and Asynchronous assignments will be found on and submitted on our
- A hands-on approach to learning a language.
- The students will be demonstrating what they have learned through the
Projects (DIGITALLY AND ALSO HANDS ON- eventually!!)
- Essential Material for Virtual learning & Hybrid model Spanish class
- Physical Textbook Avancemos 1 & Cuaderno ( Online codes will be forthcoming)
- One binder -1.5-2 inch
- Loose leaf paper
- colored pencils/crayons
- This class is designed to prepare students to pass the course and the Spanish OHM Checkpoint A exam at the end of the year. However, it is also designed for students to be ready to move on to Spanish 2 and beyond. Most colleges look for students to have a sequence in World Language, 5 years. (Spanish 1Accelerated, Level 2, Level 3, Level 4 & 5). There is also an opportunity to earn a New York State Seal of Biliteracy during Spanish level 4&5.
Thank you and I look forward to working with you this year! Please review these rules and procedure with your parent/guardian. Please fill out the GOOGLE Form to acknowledge your receipt and acceptance of these rules and procedures for Spanish 1Accelerated.