Welcome to Saugerties!
If you are looking to register your child(ren) for public school, please download the forms below.
- Proof of Residency: You must provide two (2) original copies that are current, and must contain the name of the parent/guardian and the physical address of the residence. A list of acceptable documents is below.
Residential lease, deed, mortgage or other proof of home ownership
Notarized or signed statement from a third party establishing your physical presence in the District
Utility and/or home service bill (water, electric, gas, propane, oil, refuse/garbage, cable, phone)
Insurance Policy (home owners, rental) - identifying your name and address
Property or School tax bill
Income tax form
Membership documents based upon residency
Voter registration documents
Driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver identification
State or other government issued identification
Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g., local social services agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)
Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers that demonstrate residency
The District will consider any type of document submitted in order to evaluate residency.
- Proof of Date of Birth: The child’s birth certificate or passport
- Immunization Record/Health Examination (Physical)/Dental Form (requested)
- Public Health Law 2164 requires immunizations be received prior to a child being allowed to attend school.
- Click here for NYS required vaccines
- Photo I.D. of the Parent/Guardian: Government issued Driver’s License or Non-Driver I.D. with name and photo
- Custody Papers: If applicable are required
- Academic Records: Including transcripts, recent report cards and any Special Education Plans will be requested from previous school (if applicable). If your child has received special education service or accommodation through an Individualized Education Program (IEP) or a Section 504, please provide a copy of the plan.
Educational Data Facilitator
(845) 247-6550 Ext 9211
School Advocacy Specialist
(845)247-6800 Ext 4105
The registration office is located at:
310 Washington Avenue Ext Saugerties, NY 12477
(The Hildebrandt building behind Saugerties High School)
If you intend to Home School your child(ren) - please contact:
(845) 247-6550 Ext. 9020