Skip To Main Content

Private School Registration

The Saugerties Central School District requires all school age children who are residents of the Saugerties School District, and who attend non-public schools, be registered with the district.
This registration requirement is in effect whether the non-public school is located within the Saugerties district or not.The district provides services to these students, and must properly account for all expenditures.

Please note: Registering your child is separate from requesting transportation to a non-public school or to a daycare provider, each of which requires completion of the appropriate application.

April 1st is the deadline for submitting non-public school transportation requests and child care transportation requests for the following school year, as set forth by §3635(2) of the New York State Education Department.

The following documentation is required in order to register your child:

  • Proof of Residency: You must provide two (2) original copies that are current, and must contain the name of the parent/guardian and the physical address of the residence. A list of acceptable documents is below.
    • Residential lease, deed, mortgage or other proof of home ownership

    • Notarized or signed statement or affidavit from a third party landlord, owner or tenant with whom you are sharing property

    • Notarized or signed statement from a third party establishing your physical presence in the District

    • Utility and/or home service bill (water, electric, gas, propane, oil, refuse/garbage, cable, phone)

    • Insurance Policy (home owners, rental) - identifying your name and address

    • Property or School tax bill

    • Pay stub

    • Income tax form

    • Membership documents based upon residency

    • Voter registration documents

    • Driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver identification

    • State or other government issued identification

    • Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g., local social services agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)

    • Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers that demonstrate residency
      The District will consider any type of document submitted in order to evaluate residency.

If you intend to Home School your child - please contact:

(845) 247-6920 Ext. 6705

 Completed registrations can be submitted via email to
- OR -
in-person at 310 Washington Avenue Ext, Saugerties, NY 12477
Hildebrandt Building 

Please call for an appointment. (845) 247-6550 x9211
F: (845) 681-4241



Registration Application for:

  • Non-SCSD Resident Students
  • Attending a Non-Public School within the Saugerties School District Boundary
  • Requesting a Special Education Evaluation 

non-resident/non-public forms Here