Skip To Main Content

Food Services

Cost of Meals

Please note that all students receive 1 breakfast and 1 lunch free of charge, this is the cost for a second meal if a student chooses to purchase one. 

Elementary Schools
Breakfast: $2.20
Lunch: $3.50
Junior/Senior High School
Breakfast: $2.45
Lunch: $3.80

June Menus


First page of the PDF file: June24LunchElem


First page of the PDF file: June24LunchJrSrHigh

2023-2024 Update

Dear Saugerties Families,

Beginning November 1, 2023, the Saugerties Central School District is pleased to announce that ALL students in the Saugerties CSD will participate in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) grant program during the 2023-2024 school year.  All students will receive 1 breakfast and 1 lunch free of charge.  

The free breakfast and lunch will be added to every student’s account each day. Once those meals have been claimed, students have the ability to purchase additional items such as additional portions, beverages, and snacks for an additional cost, but will need to pay at the register or have enough funds on their prepaid account. Families can add funds to their “My School Bucks” account or by sending cash or check with their student to school or by mail to: SCSD, Call Box A, Attn: Sheila Melville, Saugerties, NY 12477. (please make checks payable to SCSD Cafe)

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to give the School Lunch Manager Sheila Melville a call at 845-247-6651 Ext. 1770.

CEP Frequently Asked Questions

Meal Services for Students with Disabilities

The National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and School Breakfast Program (SBP) aim to provide all participating children, regardless of background, with the nutritious meals they need to be healthy. This includes ensuring children with disabilities have an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the NSLP and SBP.

Federal regulations require schools and institutions to serve meals at no extra charge to those children whose disability restricts their diet in such a way that they cannot fully participate in the food service program without some modification to the foods offered or the scheduled menu. If you believe your child needs substitutions because of a disability, please get in touch with us for further information. You must request meal modifications from the school and provide the school with a medical statement from a State licensed healthcare professional. This medical statement must contain but is not limited to the following:

  • Information about the child's physical or mental impairment that is sufficient to allow the school to understand how it restricts the child’s diet,
  • An explanation of what must be done to accommodate the child’s special dietary need,
  • The food or foods to be omitted and recommended alternatives, in the case of a modified meal

If you have questions regarding the need for meal modifications,
contact Sheila Melville at (845) 247-6651 Ext. 1770 for further information.

View this information as a PDF

Nondiscrimination Statement:
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained
online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA.
The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform
the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

1. mail:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
2. fax:
(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
3. email:
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Sandwich plate.

contact us

Sheila Melville 
School Lunch Manager
(845) 247-6500 

Lauren Wittek
Secretary to Food Service
(845) 247-6500 Ext. 1771