Mrs. Amanda TuccilloEnglish Departmentatuccillo@saugerties.k12.ny.usEnglish 10/ Media Studies/ Communications845-247-6651 X6756Individual Course Syllabi will be posted on specific class pages (located on the banner to the left)
As of now, during remote learning, all work will be found and submitted through Google Classroom. Guardians may email me for invites.I am available for extra help Monday through Thursday, ninth period (2:22 PM - 3:00 PM). Students have been instructed to email me and I will open a live meet for them. Also, I am available during their class periods on Wednesdays for extra-help/review, etc.English 10
- For the benefit of all my students, I utilize the district provided website space throughout the year to post a calendar, the classroom notes when applicable, links to useful resources, days I will be staying after school, and copies of assignments and project guidelines and due dates.
Required Materials - when "in-person"...
Three-ring binder to be used for English class only OR a section of an accordian folder/individual folder, Loose leaf paper, Pens – blue or black only, Highlighters
Recommended Materials: USB flash drive, Post-it notes
- All assignments (aside from major papers which must be typed unless otherwise stated) must be written in blue or black ink only.
- Late work is not acceptable in this course. You must have the work in hand when you cross the threshold of the classroom. If not, it is a zero!
- Late major projects and major writings can be turned in one day late, but your grade on that project or writing will be penalized (maximum of 65%). After that day, late work will not be accepted for credit.
- If you are absent, you are allotted the number of days that you missed to make up your work. It is your responsibility to complete the work on your own time. Check my website for missed work. Make-up work will only be accepted for excused absences.
- Media Studies/Communications
You are required to have a binder or a folder designated solely for this subject. You will be receiving notes, articles, assignment sheets, et cetera, and I would like you to keep these for future reference. You need to bring it every day to class. Every single day. Without fail.
Homework assignments can be turned in one day late, but your grade on that project or writing will be penalized (maximum of 65%). After that day, late work will not be accepted for credit.