Ms. Griffin's Physical Science Class!
"Don't be afraid to fail, be afraid not to try"
If you would like to email me, please click on the link below.
I will get back to you as soon as possible
DURING SCHOOL HOURS.
1. Text book: You will receive a soft cover the Physical Science workbook. This is to BE LEFT AT HOME! It is heavy, and we rarely use it in class.
2. Binder with paper: To minimize a heavy backpack, you can have one binder for Math/Science and one for Social Studies/ELA (if OK with your other core teachers). There will be a binder quiz at the end of each quarter. (I am also open to other ideas that you may have to organize your papers. Just let me know)
3. Supplies: Please bring a PENCIL (with an eraser) to class daily. Labs, graphs and tests are required to be completed in pencil. If you would like to use a pen for other work, that is fine.
*If you would like to bring your own colored pencils, that would be great. They are not required. I normally have a class set to share, but due to Covid, I am restricting sharing of materials as much as possible.
4. Basic 4 function calculator: We use a calcualtor in Science this year! Just a basic one is fine. If you have one for Math, that works. Just keep it in your backpack.
Again, I do have some calculators for emergencies, but we are trying to cut back on materials shared.
5. Optional: If you would like to bring in a box of tissues to share with the class, that would always be welcome! ;)
Please read the JHS electronics policy below:
Our classroom has a cell phone caddy. Cell phones are to be placed in the caddy when you enter the class, and remain there until class is over.
HOWEVER, there are days when we will be using the cell phones for instructional purposes. I will let you know those days to keep your phone with you.
I am looking forward to meeting all of you and
doing some SCIENCE!!