Sra. Muñoz Español 1 A GOOGLE Classroom Rules & Procedures 2020-21 School Year
This class is 1st year of a 2 year course.
- SCHOOL/SPANISH CLASS EXPECTATIONS:
- Check your school email every weekday morning for Spanish notifications/assignments
- Follow your schedule during Synchronous & Asynchronous Instruction
- Sign into your classes using GOOGLE MEET codes associated with your class period.
- Work from a quiet and appropriate workspace (kitchen table, desk, location with minimal distractions)
- Microphone mutes unless contributing to the conversation
- Online conduct/ Profile picture is appropriate and respectful
- Strive for Appropriate Attire/Ready for School
- Be prepared with Essential Supplies, pencil, pens, notebook,etc.
- Be Ready and ON TIME for Class.
1.2 Cellular devices/Electronics:
Only electronic devices that allow the student to engage in classroom activities are to be used during synchronous class time.
- NO disruptive gum chewing, food nor drink is permitted during synchronous class time.
(Water is acceptable)
- You must pay Close Attention in Spanish class. In language class, each new concept builds on the last.
- Students must attend synchronous classes and attendance must be taken daily.
- Work needs to be completed by the student on a daily basis and is engaged in standards-based learning to be considered present for that day’s attendance.
- Contact Sra. Muñoz directly if there are concerns about attendance.
GRADING: (This will remain consistent throughout the school year)
- ALL WORK IS TO BE COMPLETED BY THE STUDENT UNLESS OTHERWISE INSTRUCTED. (PAIR/GROUP WORK ETC)
- USE OF TRANSLATORS/GOOGLE TRANSLATE OR ANY TRANSLATING DEVICE IS PROHIBITED.
- STUDENTS MAY USE ONLINE TEXTBOOKS/ DICTIONARIES/WORD REFERENCES FOR TERMS AND PHRASES AS NEEDED FOR ASSIGNMENTS.
- HOMEWORK, QUIZZES AND TESTS ARE TO BE COMPLETED ONLY BY THE STUDENT WITH INTEGRITY. (NO OUTSIDE ASSISTANCE FROM OTHER SOURCES)
5.1. Quarterly grades will be based on the following:
- Positive class participation
- Speaking in Spanish (Q & A)
ii.Helping with tasks/classroom activities
iii. Cooperative Work in Pairs/Groups (Google meet Groups)
- Starters /DO NOWS
- Starters are mini assignments that will be given out on a daily basis.
- Generally, the starters will be posted for you to start the day (synchronously & asynchronously)
- Students are to read and answer assignments to the best of their ability without outside assistance.
- (Assignments must be completed with your best effort.- Blank “Turned in” assignments will be returned without point value.
ii.Continued Blank “Turned in” assignments will warrant a Teacher/ Student conference & call home.
- These starters will be completed by the student and collected/checked on a daily basis .
7.Homework, Quizzes & Tests
a.Given to check for understanding of concepts and are used to help the teacher find out what the student knows.
b.Nightly studying and homework completion is imperative to having a successful year.
- Synchronous and Asynchronous assignments will be found on and submitted on our
- A hands-on approach to learning a language.
- The students will be demonstrating what they have learned through the
Projects (DIGITALLY AND ALSO HANDS ON- eventually!!)
- Essential Material for Virtual learning & Hybrid model Spanish class
- Virtual Online textbook and notebook ( Online codes will be forthcoming)
- One binder -1.5-2 inch
- Loose leaf paper
- colored pencils/crayons
- This class is designed to prepare students to pass the course and the final exam at the end of the year. However, it is also designed for students to be ready to move on to Spanish 1B and beyond. Most colleges look for students to have a sequence in World Language. There is also an opportunity to earn a New York State Seal of Biliteracy during Spanish level 4.
Thank you and I look forward to working with you this year! Please review these rules and procedure with your parent/guardian.