Special Education Teacher in the Junior Alternative Learning Program (JALP).
- I will send out messages that are useful for parents via Remind, but please feel free to call or text or email to reach me. Consider my "office hours" from 7:25-3, but feel free to email or text outside those times.
- Make sure students can get into Google Classroom and they have accepted invitations to all sections.
- Don't forget that to log in from home they will need to add the @saugerties.k12.ny.us extension.
- For example, I would use email@example.com.
- Then, use the same password as for the Chromebooks at school (which they have all done a billion or so times).
- I will be reaching out to you regularly, but please don't be shy about seeking me out as a resource whenever I can be helpful, even if it is for a class for which I am not the primary teacher.
Stay healthy and safe! I miss my crew!
Contact me! I always enjoy hearing from parents and students.
- Cell phone: If you are a parent or guardian in my class, call or text my cell phone. This is the best way to find me, particularly if you have questions or concerns about homework. Really, it's ok! I wouldn't have given you my phone number unless I wanted you to use it. Don't have my phone number? Send me an email and I will gladly give it to you.
- School phone: 247-6561 and ask for David Javsicas. They are very good at tracking me down.
- In person visits/conferences: schedule visits through the guidance office or through me. I'd love to have you come by! Generally, 8:35-9:15, 11:00-11:40, and 2:15-3 are my best times, but if that doesn't work, we'll figure something out.
- Yellow letter: these classroom progress reports come home weekly for a signature, so feel free to add a note next to your signature before you send it back. I'll read it.