Mr. JavsicasSpecial Education Teacher in the Junior Alternative Learning Program (JALP).
ALERT! Math diagnostic testing starts Monday.
- Parents, please click here to watch a video about diagnostic testing.
Contact me:- **Parents/guardians: please consider sending me your email so I can add you as a guardian on Google Classroom.- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org- Messages via Google classroom!- Phone: (845) 247-6561 and ask for Mr. Javsicas. They are very good at finding me.
What should students do?
1) Sign into Google Classroom! Make sure you accept invitations to all of your classes. All will be from other teachers except Academic Reinforcement.
2) Reach out to me if you have any questions.
- JALP classes include ELA, Math, Science, Social Studies, and an Academic Reinforcement period.
- In JALP classes, we hold high expectations for academic performance, and we place extra emphasis on helping students develop social, emotional, and behavioral skills and habits that will help them to be successful students and citizens. Students will receive frequent and detailed feedback on their progress in developing those skills and habits, and will be expected to set goals for themselves and collaborate to monitor their progress toward meeting their goals.
- Students will receive weekly data reports on their performance with respect to preparedness, engagement in class, and adherance to community standards, as well as information on progress toward goals.
Materials Needed (for remote learning):
- Students will receive a white board slate, dry erase marker, and eraser at materials pickup.
- Pen, pencil, paper, eraser.
- A suitable work space.
- If there are any concerns with the above, please contact me so I can help!
The Junior High expectations for online learning are below. In short, short, students need to log in on-time, be prepared with materials, actively engage with the class (which includes being able to see you!) and complete assignments, and be respectful of adults and peers.
- Grading: students will be graded according to the criteria of subject area teachers. Level of active engagement will be graded.
- Homework: will be assigned by subject area teachers and will be visible on Google Classroom any time. Let me know if you need help with this!
- Extra help: generally, I will be availble for 9th period help on T/Th, and I will update this page when that changes. In addition, we will strive to have meets with small groups and individuals as much as scheduling allows.
Anything else?- If there is, please reach out! I'd love to hear from you.