I can't wait to see the beautiful things you create in ART CLASS this year, but more importantly...
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!
Feather Wing Mural - Abstract Self-Portrait
Tempera Paint, Colored Pencil, Compressed White Charcoal, Sharpie on Tagboard Paper
MY CONTACT INFO:
Ms. Rebecca Black
Morse Elementary: (845) 247-6651 x5005 Voicemail: x3425
Cahill Elementary: (845) 247-6651 x4138 Voicemail: x3425
The elementary art curriculum is built around these essential learning objectives & goals for all grades.
At a level appropriate to their grade, students will...
1. Use art tools and materials safely and independently.
2. Become confident with a wide variety of art media & techniques.
3. Learn and expand on basic art vocabulary, including the Elements and Principles of Art.
4. Increase cultural awareness and further their knowledge of the different genres of art.
5. Generate & express ideas independently and as collaborators for group projects.
6. Learn to recognize and use all stages of the creative process
7. Utilize the following skills while incorporating the technological changes of the 21st Century.
And most importantly...
8. Develop confidence and experience joy through creative expression.
Please find your childs letter day next to the class codes below!
*Below you can find the CLASS CODE to your GOOGLE ART CLASSROOM*
A hyperlink with your class code can also be found on your homeroom class page!
Sullivan - Class Code: w67utqw (C Day)
McCaig - Class Code: vgm4rno (B Day)
Hogan - Class Code: eibcjkr (B Day)
Detweiler - Class Code: q32duds (C Day)
Averill - Class Code: q7py7uk (C Day)
Kraft - Class Code: tm2f6sc (D Day)
Ryan - Class Code: vutpw4g (D Day)
Wiacek - Class Code: ab4lixx (C Day)
Dudzic - Class Code: rsn5nrd (D Day)
Mulford - Class Code: dktjo4p (B Day)
Fanelli - Class Code: 73y5x2v (B Day)
Reynolds - Class Code: hur2h4m (D Day)
Grade 5 & 6
Defino - Class Code: dfzvyan (C Day)
Brott - Class Code: kjmjzb6 (D Day)
Tucker - Class Code: hywkhqz (B Day)
*ALL STUDENTS (INCLUDING 100% REMOTE) ARE RESPONSIBLE TO CHECK THEIR GOOGLE ART CLASSROOM ON THE LETTER DAY THEY ARE SCHEDULED FOR ART CLASS, TO COMPLETE THE POSTED ASSIGNMENT AND RECIEVE CREDIT FOR ATTENDANCE.
*All assignments must be submitted with a picture of your artwork in google classroom before your next art class for ATTENDANCE & CREDIT!!!
*PLEASE EMAIL ALL QUESTIONS. DO NOT POST YOUR QUESTIONS IN GOOGLE CLASSROOM!!!*How to post your artwork:Take a pic of your work and download to your computer. Then upload to the assignment. In the assignment on the student side it says mark as done or submit work. Where submit work is, there’s an add spot & when you click it it says add from where... Computer file, drive.... Etc. Then submit.*If you have a smart phone, you can also download google classroom to your phone and upload pictures of your work directly in the classroom app :)Good luck!__________________________________________________
Found Object Recycled Materials
*This is a basic list of distance learning materials and is subject to change. Please contact me if your child does not have access to the materials for a specific assignment and adjustments or arrangements can be made.
Grades are based on the following:
UNDERSTANDING OF CONCEPTS & TECHNIQUES
*PHOTO SUBMITTION OF ARTWORK IN YOUR GOOGLE ART CLASSROOM*
Classroom Rules & Expectations:
A- always listen and follow directions
R- raise my hand before speaking
T- treat others and supplies with respect
I- imagine my own ideas and be creative
S- sit and stay in my seat
T- take time to clean up my mess
REMEMBER... If you enjoy what you are doing, it doesn't feel like work!
"As the sun colors flowers, so does art color life." John Lubbock
Below you can find additional links to some creative art activities to keep your mind, body & soul extra colorful during your time at home!
- "Found Object Color Wheel Challange"- Give it a TRY!
- Easy Homemade Play Dough Recipe! https://livingwellmom.com/easy-homemade-playdough-recipe/
- Toilet Paper Tube Marble Run! https://tinkerlab.com/toilet-paper-roll-marble-run/
- 100 % Recycled Water Bottle Weaving! https://www.kitchentableclassroom.com/weavingfor-kids-a-recycled-plastic-bottle-craft/
- How to Make a Simple Kite! https://innerchildfun.com/2015/04/how-to-make-a-simple-kite.html?utm_campaign=Inner%20Child%20Fun%20Weekly-ish%20Newsletter%20&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Revue%20newsletter
- DIY Mud Paint Recipe!!! http://www.learnplayimagine.
Cahill & Grant D. Morse Elementary Schools
Saugerties Central School District