Mental Health Supports
This time of year can be difficult for many, and the District is here to support those individuals and provide them with the necessary prevention and intervention services they need. If you or someone you know is currently experiencing suicidal thoughts, feelings, or behaviors please seek immediate help and/or talk to a trusted adult, friend, or mental health professional.
Warning signs that someone may be at immediate risk for attempting suicide include:
- Talking about wanting to die or wanting to kill themselves.
- Talking about feeling empty or hopeless or having no reason to live.
- Talking about feeling trapped or feeling like there are no solutions.
- Feeling unbearable emotional or physical pain.
- Talking about being a burden to others.
- Withdrawing from family and friends.
- Giving away important possessions.
- Saying goodbye to friends and family.
- Putting affairs in order, such as making a will.
- Taking risks that could lead to death, such as driving extremely fast.
- Talking or thinking about death often.
Need Help Now?
- Dial 988 or text Got5 to 741741
If you are in crisis and need immediate assistance, please call one of the phone numbers found here:
- Family of Woodstock
- Call 24/7 or Text to 845-679- 2485
- Ulster County Mental Health
- Ulster County Mobile Mental Health: 1-844-277-4820
- The Trevor Project
- LGBTQ Support: 1-866-488-7386
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Mental Health Association of Ulster County
- Astor Counseling Services
- Ulster County Community Action
- People's Place
- Walk-in Mental Health Clinic
- 368 Broadway Suite 205, Kingston, NY
- Open 10 AM-6 PM
- Mobile Mental Health
- 10 AM - 10 PM