District Goals 2019/2020
Saugerties Central School District 2019/2020 Goals
If you wish to have a hard copy of the document, you can
download a printable version of the Saugerties CSD 2019/2020 Goals (PDF).
The Saugerties CSD is dedicated to educating the whole child and will work to engage all stakeholders in the school community in advancing student achievement through promoting flexible, innovative, and meaningful programs that challenge each student to reach their full potential.
- The District will raise the graduation rate to be above 90 percent
- Improve pathways to graduation knowledge of all stakeholders
- Strengthen knowledge of instructional strategies in classrooms to engage and challenge all students
- Ensure educational practices are culturally sensitive
- Define grade-level success in all content areas Kindergarten through Grade 12
Culture, Climate, and Community
The Saugerties CSD will cultivate collaboration, celebration and communication between the school and community to nurture positive partnerships between the Board of Education, administration, staff, and community.
- Promote transparency
- Practice shared decision-making
- Cultivate grassroots input
- Enhance communication between community members and staff
Safety and Security
The Saugerties CSD will foster a safe, secure emotional and physical environment for all stakeholders. This includes:
- Physical safety measures
- Emergency preparedness
- Ongoing professional development for social-emotional learning procedures and protocols
Approved by the Saugerties Board of Education: December 10, 2019